Monday, July 18, 2016

We finally watched Deadpool

So after waiting forever, Mike and I sat down Saturday night to finally watch Deadpool.  First, we rarely go to the theater to see any movie; second, we had mixed feeling after other reviews.    We decided to rent OnDemand, and we are both happy with my movie choice.





Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) is a former Special Forces operative who now works as a mercenary. His world comes crashing down when evil scientist Ajax (Ed Skrein) tortures, disfigures and transforms him into Deadpool. The rogue experiment leaves Deadpool with accelerated healing powers and a twisted sense of humor. With help from mutant allies Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand), Deadpool uses his new skills to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
Starring:Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin
Runtime:1 hour, 48 minutes

Buy on Amazon: http://amzn.to/29QQo6K

**** Rated: R
         Defineitly for 18yrs and over!  Do NOT let young children watch this!!!!





Image result for deadpool
Alisa's Thoughts:
I loved it.  I love the smart ass comments and all that about the character himself.
I did NOT like all the gory details during the fights.  I love watching the "superhero" movies, but I don't like all the gory/blood & guts type of stuff.  Not my style.  This is a mix of a love story, a revenge story and hero/villain.  I think that the choice of person to play Deadpool was perfect!!!
Mike on the other hand, loved all that I didn't.  I think his biggest dislike was the choice of characters from the X-men for the cameo.

Mike's Thoughts: 
Pleased with the dialogue. Walked that fine line between joking and for real. Disappointed big time with the final fight scene where the Big Metal X-Men  character got beat.  It seemed that when the X-Men characters were involved they would hurt Deadpool's situation not help, with the exception at the end.  








No comments:

Post a Comment