Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Loaded Chicken and Potatoes

My husband had this at a friend's house while he was helping them out with some work.  He came home and raved about this, and said I needed to get the recipe and try it out!  Well, I didn't right away.  But I finally got the name of the dish from our friend, and found it on her Pinterest board.  
loaded chicken and potatoes

Then, hubby asked again for me to make it, and I put it off some more.  Why?   I wasn't sure I was going to like it.  But I caved........
I finally made it the weekend before New Year's eve, because my father-in-law was supposed to be here for dinner that night (up to visit from Florida).  And, I've already made it a second time!!!!
This is how mine turned out:

The recipe is from Singing Through the Rain
and her's looks a lot different than mine, for a few reasons: a) I don't have as much cheese covering the top, b) I used a lot more chicken than it called for, c) my bacon pieces are extremely smaller than hers!


Loaded Chicken and Potatoes


Ingredients:
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1″)
6-8 medium skin-on red potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/3 c olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp hot sauce (more if you like it HOT)
Topping:
2 c fiesta (or Mexican) blend cheese
1 c crumbled bacon
1 c diced green onion

How to Make:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
4. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the cheese, bacon, and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for five minutes or until cheese is melted.


Serve With: Extra hot sauce, Ranch Dressing, or sour cream!
Serves: 6 people.

if you visit the recipe link, you will find she answers a few questions about the dish on the bottom of the page.  -directions for cooking this in the Crockpot!!! (I'm trying that next time)


*I added more chicken
*We skipped the hot sauce
*we cooked the potatoes for about 15 mins or so before adding the chicken.
*the second time I made this, I used about 2 packs of bacon.  And my bacon topping was small crumbs not big chunks like her picture.
*second time I made this, we also skipped the green onion.


Actually, this is a full family review on this recipe!
And it was a hit!!  This recipe is added to the favorites cookbook and will be made probably once a month.
The first time I made the dish, it was a lot of work, but not the second time.  I'm sure we will make some more adjustments to it as we continue to make this dish.
This dish is definitely 5 Stars!!  2 thumbs up or whatever.
Its a LOVE.


~Do you have a recipe that you think we should try?  Comment with the link to the recipe or email me at ajenkins979@gmail.com with "new recipe" in the subject.
~Did you try this meal?  Would you try this meal?  I'd love to hear your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment