Sunday, January 22, 2017

Vanilla Cupcakes, easy recipe

My baking season never ends.  We actually love to bake and have different sweets around the house.  I am still looking for dinner recipes but I have lots of dessert recipes.  Today, I am sharing with you one that we make often.  Vanilla Cupcakes.  Sometimes when we make them, we dye the batter and/or the icing.  
I found this recipe in a magazine long ago, and just copied it to my notebook.  I have no idea which magazine unfortunately so I can not give credit this time to who it belongs to.
Displaying IMAG4628.jpg

Vanilla CupCakes:
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (one stick) butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
 2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of milk

1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In Meduim bowl, combine: flour, baking powder & Salt
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer beat butter and sugar until fluffy.   Add eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.  Reduce mixer speed and alternate adding dry ingredients and milk until combined
4. Bake 23-25 minutes, or toothpick inserted comes out clean

Cool and then decorate.
This time I just used regular store bought icing.  We dyed it pink this time.
Displaying IMAG4627.jpg
 You can make your own icing, if you choose.
*This is a great recipe to do with the kids, there is lots here they can help with.  I only use this recipe as cupcakes, have Not made an actual cake with this.






No comments:

Post a Comment