Friday, May 6, 2016

Mother's Day Project

This year, my youngest and I decided to do this cute Mother's Day project.  We have one for my mom, my husband's grandma, and a dear wonderful neighbor.  We call it our Bow-quet.


Materials:
ribbons
a Bowdabra (optional)
vase(s) (optional)
skewer sticks
E6000 Craft Adhesive (my glue of choice for this project)

First we made a bunch of different bows.  Some we had matching ribbons, some non-matching.  We made enough for each group to have 6.  You can make as many as you want.
You can make any kind of bows. I chose these as they were more simple, and my youngest (7) could help.  You can find all kinds of ideas for kind styles on Pinterest.


To attach bow to stick:
 I dipped the end of skewer stick into glue and slide through the "tie" on the back of the bow.  Then wrapped the ends of ribbon around the stick and tied again. 
 Here are some that are done.  Once on the stick and the glue dries, then go back a "fluff" out the bow.

To finish, I placed in a vase.  You can dress up the vase if you want.  There you have a cute little gift for a special lady.
I did a quick bow around our vase just to show you.  I need to get smaller vases to.
*please excuse pictures on floor, I don't have my craft table yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment