Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Virtual Cookie Exchange: Peanut Butterfinger Bit Cookies



Welcome to the Virtual Cookie Exchange.


I couldn't decide which cookies I wanted to post for you today. But I decided on the Peanut Butterfinger Bit Cookies.


I love to bake, I really do. And I can NOT wait until we get our kitchen redone and I have more room for baking. I used to stick to the basic cookies, but recently I have branched out and started making different kinds. I will share some of those as well, but we'll focus on my Butterfinger cookies. 


Last year, my mom signed herself up for an actual cookie exchange, but the twist was that I was the one doing all the work and she got to go to the exchange. Not fair!! That was like 8 dozen cookies I had to bake!!! And this is the recipe we used for that exchange. 





Here are some from our most recent batch.  The family really does love these.  Image may contain: food
My 9 year old and her BFF actually made those.  

On to the Recipe!!!
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 cup Nestle Butterfinger Candy Bar Bits 

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with Parchment paper.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. stir
Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl until combined.  Beat in peanut butter until combined.  Beat in egg
Gradually stir in flour mixture.  Stir in Butterfinger bits. Roll dough into balls using a slightly rounded tablespoon.  Place on baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart.  Flatten balls slightly with a fork or the palm of your hand.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. (They may look underdone)  Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.



So I also tried this Red Velvet Cookie, cause my hubby loves Red Velvet Cake.  Here is how they turned out.  They are so dark, because I was almost out of red food coloring.  
But he LOVED them!! You can try them too--> https://www.dessertfortwo.com/red-velvet-sugar-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment