Sunday, August 4, 2024

Review: The Oregon Trail, for Nintendo Switch

 


Welcome.  I haven't written a review for quite some time.  So here it is, my review of The Oregon Trail game for the Nintendo Switch 😁





Game info:True to the Original
Striking Art Direction and Score
Respectful Representation
Officially Licensed & Supported
Deluxe Edition Content: Full game, Cowboys & Critters DLC, 3 art cards, Reversible coversheet


Pioneer spirit unleashed: The Oregon Trail - Forge your destiny in the American West! The Oregon Trail by Gameloft—Experience The Oregon Trail like never before. A modern twist on the trials and tribulations of the road to Oregon, this official successor to the global phenomenon will immerse players in exhilarating journeys ranging from the historically accurate to the totally extreme. Players will pick their traveling party, stock the wagon with supplies, and embark on an adventure filled with tough choices, new dangers, and unexpected situations. Surviving blizzards, broken limbs, snakebites, exhaustion, starvation, and the dreaded dysentery is no small feat; all the while navigating an untamed frontier to get your party to their new life in Oregon before the winter. Track down a missing party in the aftermath of a fierce blizzard, transport volatile gunpowder through blistering desert heat, compete in challenging hunting mini-games, and meet a broad cast of historic figures. With procedurally selected random events where players’ choices affect their party and future game events, there’s always a new adventure on the horizon every time you play.


Buy Link: Amazon, Game Stop Target



My Review:

I was stalking the Amazon driver waiting for this game!  No joke!  
So happy with my purchase.  I played for like a week straight every evening.  Its the original with an upgrade!  Can play multiple different Trails ,starting points and from different points of view.
The kids and I have laughed over our misfortunes on the journey!
*still a one player game
*fun for the whole family










I received my game on July 20, 2024 and as of August 4th, 2024  I am still playing almost daily! 






*I paid for this game myself, my opinions are my own.  I was not paid for this review or post, but I am an Amazon affiliate (if you purchase from my Amazon link, I get a small percent).  Pictures used are from Amazon.

















No comments:

Post a Comment