Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cleaning tips

I am just sharing with you some different cleaning tips that I have found.  I would love to "hear" your thoughts as well.  This post is very random, and not in any order-just as I have found things.

Personally for me, I rather clean one room a day (besides the regular dishes, laundry and wiping down of things).  That is what works for me & my household.  I go through one room ( or all 3 bedrooms) and pick up, wipe down and vacuum/sweep.   
However, there is of course another system.  (I checked it out & did it for a short time)  Its called the FlyLady way.  http://www.flylady.net/      She has a schedule all set up for you, one room or 2 rooms adjoined each week.   Its a great system, if it works for you.  She has tools and items for sale on her site.  She has lots of great tips, and a new habit of the month each month.  They also send out weekly/daily newsletters.  She evens has ways to get your kids to join in! 
 
Now here are Tips, Tricks & Hacks:

Clean your clean machine: the washer.

This page gives you a step-by-step way to get the grime off the nooks and crannies of your washing machine.

Snip off a slice of a Magic Eraser and drop it in the toilet.
Let it float overnight and it’ll remove any toilet ring. No scrubbing! No one wants to be touching toilet germs, not even with gloves on

Pour a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid into the detergent cup of your dishwasher.
Pour a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid into the detergent cup of your dishwasher.
It’ll remove lime deposits and iron stains.


Today I saw this on Pinterest:
How & Why to Clean Bath Toys! from We love being moms (blog)
Had some very interesting comments and tips, especially if like here at our house you have LOTS of bath toys.  Time for me to break out the hot glue gun!

Ladies and Gentlemen, that is all I have for now. 
But there are a bazillion tips, tricks and hacks on Pinterest!
Please feel free to comment below with a tip, trick or hack of your own.  We love to hear form our readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment